Bloggiesta Ole! ~ January 21st, 22nd, and 23rd
What is it? ~ It’s a three day challenge where you, as a blogger, set some goals and attempt to meet them all in a plan to create a better blog. There are tons of suggestions from some very experienced bloggers and you can win stuff too!
Layers of Thought did not always look like it does now. It was awkward and clumsy (it sometimes still is). If you’re in doubt take a look at my first few posts, and my past Bloggiesta events – #1, #2. I was enlightened quite a bit (especially about the 250 dead links – goodness)!
The event is hosted by a very organized book blogger – Maw Books Blog. You do not have to blog about books either; any type of blogger can join in the activities, or if you’re really shy, just lurk.
Below are just some examples of What you can do during the Bloggiesta? (this list has been shortened by me – a lot!)
- Write backup posts for a rainy day.
- Clean up your tags, archives, books reviewed list, etc.
- Improve your blog template, clean up sidebars, add a favicon, install those plugins that you’ve been meaning to do.
- Analyze and re-evaluate your blog.
- Back up your blog.
- Make sure you have properly copyrighted your blog and know what to do when somebody reposts your material.
- The sky’s the limit!
Our current plan is to join in the fun – if we are home in time from our post Christmas travels. Even so, I highly recommend that you join too for the work, fun and most of all the community!