Chivalrous Deeds ~ Historical Fiction Challenge 2011
Hosted by ~ Bippity Boppity Book.
The Object of the Challenge: As a Knight or Lady Knight, to visit as many courts as possible.
Begins 1 January 2011 and finish on 31 December 2011. There will be two prizes for this challenge. (Badge links to the host’s challenge page) .
- You can visit any court from any point in history as long as the book you are reading is Historical Fiction.
- You can visit the same court more than once but not consecutively. Knights and Lady Knights have many great deeds to perform and so must not tarry at one court for too long!
- No books started before 1 January 2011 will count for this challenge.
- Participants can only win 1 prize in this challenge.
- Entries will be counted by posting a link to your review of the book.
- You do not have to have a blog to participate as long as you are posting a review somewhere and can provide a link to it (Paperbackswap, Goodreads, Librarything etc...).
Historical Tour de Genre Reading Challenge ~ hosted by Bitsy Bling (Badge links to challenge post).
From January 1, 2011 to December 31, 2011
- Read at least one book from each sub-category.
- You don't have to select your books ahead of time.
- You can join anytime between now and the later part of next year.
- 6 books, one from each category, or sub 2 with alternatives if you prefer.
- Historical Mystery/Whodunnit/Gas-Lit Century/Victorian
- Historical Horror
- Historical Romance/Regency: England or European continent
- Historical Young Adult ~ ages 14 to 21 yrs
- Historical Plantation ~ Depicts life on a plantation/setting
- Historical Thriller
Alternatives: (up to two potential substitutes from the genres below; must have historical settings)
- True Crime
Challenge site host has a variety suggestions and a lot more information on each subgenre.
Books for the challenges will be taken from Shellie’s historical fiction shelf on Goodreads, and they will overlap.
Come and join in especially if you enjoy historical fiction from any period!