A bit late of a start but what a great challenge…
Information was taken directly from the host site Literary Escapism where the link takes you to the challenge sign up and review posts page for Mr. Linky:
The idea behind this is to find new authors that you’ve never tried before. They can be in your genre of choice or be brave and try something new. You never know what you’re going to like until you try it. If you’re looking for some suggestions, you can check out the Author page here at Literary Escapism or the 2009 Challenge page. With over 1000 reviews posted, I’m sure there will be something there for everyone.
Here are the guidelines:
- The challenge will run from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Since this is an author challenge, there is no restriction on choosing your novels. They can definitely be from other challenges. However, the authors must be new to you and, preferably from novels. Anthologies are a great way to try someone new, but only a third of your new authors can be from anthologies.
- I want this to be an easy challenge, so you can pick to do either 15, 25 or 50 new authors. It all depends on how fast you read and how adventurous you want to be. For me, I’m trying another 50 new authors. If you reach your goal halfway through the year, don’t stop. Any new author you try can be added to Mr. Linky. We all want to know about your new experience.
- After reading your new author, write your review and then come back here and add your link to Mr. Linky. Make sure you include your name and the author, but adding the title is completely up to you.
- Bloggers or Non-Bloggers alike are welcome
This looks like a fun and relevant challenge. One which will be easy to finish since almost all the books featured, read, and reviewed here on Layers of Thought are from authors we have not read before.
So lets put the goal at 50 new author’s this year.
All book reviews for this challenge will be listed and linked below and include John’s and my reviews:
- RELEASE by Nicole Hadaway – (horror)
- Soulless by Gail Carrigan – (urban fantasy)
- The Metamorphosis by Frank Kafka (horror)
- Nibble & Kuhn by David Schmahmann (general fiction)
- Fun Home by Allison Bechdel (memoir – graphic novel)
- Susan Beth Pfeffer – The Moon Books (apocalyptic, young adult)
- Inside Out by Maria Snyder (young adult –girls sci fi)
- The Quiet War by Paul McAuley (hard sci fi)
- Searching for Whitopia by Rich Benjamin (non fiction)
- Cursed by Jeremy Shipp (horror – bizarro)
- The Cost of Dreams by Gary Stelzer (general fiction)
- Rooftops of Tehran by Mahbod Seraji (general fiction)
- The Army of the Republic by Stuart Archer Cohen (alternative reality thriller)
- Britten and Brulightly by Hannah Berry (graphic novel, mystery)
- The Death of Bunny Munro by Nick Cave (dark general fiction)
- Keeper by Kathi Appelt (young adult/tween, mythic - slipstream)
- The Russian Dreambook of Color and Flight by Gina Ochsner (slip stream, literary)
17 down 33 to go!